Monday, June 28, 2004

Welcome World, Baby Kylie

Oh, how these past (almost) nine months have flown by... but not without ease. The first month went well because I didn't even know I was pregnant. We had been "trying" though. Then, after I took my pregnancy test the morning of November 1st, I almost instantly was blessed with the horrid morning sickness. That lasted about 4 months, almost every morning like clockwork. Then at the beginning of the third trimester, evening sickness started, and lasted about 3 weeks. In the 28th week, I started struggling with hypertension which eventually landed me on bed rest at 36 weeks. At 37 weeks, I wasn't doing any better so Dr. Hagood moved me into the High Risk OB wing at Presby . They took good care of me there, but ooooh was it boring. Dr. Hagood finally decided to induce my labor at 38 weeks as Kylie was still healthy according to her sonograms, and my hypertension was stable. We were excited. So, here I am, bright and early the morning of my induction on June 18th.

Here is a pic of my family passing the time by as my labor was taking its sweet time... a long, long, long time.

And finally, after almost 24 hours of labor and her 25 minute delivery, Kylie Elizabeth Bright is welcomed into this bright, big world of ours! Here are some pictures from the nursery.

Kylie Elizabeth Bright

Born on June 19 @ 5:06 am

She weighed 7 lbs, 2 ozs and was 20 1/2 inches long


Kylie is just as sweet as an angel. We are truly blessed.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers