We were really looking forward to Fall. During the month of October, there is so much to do especially with the kiddos. My friends Tracie and Melissa had planned on taking the girls to do some activities. The first thing we all did together was at a plant nursery in Rowlett called Covington's. They were having their first annual Fall Festival, so we decided it sounded good and we'd give it a whirl.
When we got there, the first thing they did was to decorate a ceramic flower pot with markers and stickers. Kylie really loved this.This is Kylie with her friend Dru decorating their flower pots.
When they finished decorating their flower pots, they went to see the bee lady who helped them plant a Pansy in their flower pot. She let Kylie pour the potting soil in with a small shovel.
Here is Kylie with her completed flower pot.
Here are the girls: Kylie, Dru, and Chaney
Kylie, what a character. She really loves posing for pictures these days. Here's what she did for me today on the pig bench. Isn't that just cute!
I had to snap a pic of the girls walking in front of us. They just think they are so big now. We really have to keep reminding them they're still four.
Here we are on the hay ride that took us all around the huge property that the nursery owns. The girls really got a kick out of this.
After the hay ride, we went to the petting zoo. Here, Kylie finds a goat to feed. I was really impressed that she just went right up to all of the little animals.
Kylie is holding a baby chic. I had to remind her not to squeeze to hard.
Look... it's Wilbur. I adored all the little piggies the most. They were so darn cute, but I know they make a heck of a mess. They're fun to look at anyway.
Kylie also found some bunnies. She asked me if they knew the Easter Bunny. Hummm, I wonder?Lastly, Kylie found a donkey in his own little fenced in area off to the side. She went through the crowd of children just to get a new cup of feed so that Mr. Donkey could have a snack from her. She did really good with all of the animals.
She didn't want to leave, but I had to beg her to come out. She had been in there about 30 minutes and there were other children waiting to go in. Good times. Kylie had a great attitude today.
10 years ago






