Friday, January 16, 2009

This Is Love. Four Months Already!!!

Caden is hitting his milestones now. It's really fun to see how he's progressing. The experts say you should not compare your baby to other babies or stuff you read that tells what babies might/should be doing month by month. However, I can't help but to peak at Kylie's baby books (yes, I said books... plural) to see where she was at the age Caden is. It's fun! I enjoy knowing that Caden is coming along just a little slower than she did. He's doing great! Here's a few pics of Caden in his Babe Pod. He's getting better each day at his motor skills. The toy on the Babe Pod table is nice and close to him so he's able to grab it and spin the little wheel around. It's fun to see how he looks at it and even talks to it.I just love his facial expression here:
Here are some fun facts about Kylie...

  • She is a star dancer (tap and ballet) and loves moving around to music
  • She is a super fan of Sponge Bob SquarePants
  • She is already planning her 5th birthday party and knows exactly who she wants to invite
  • She knows the Pledge of Allegiance
  • She can write her First and Last name
  • She will take swimming lessons this summer
  • She can sing songs she's learned at school and do sign language at the same time
  • She loves playing in dirt outside and helping us plant flowers... she also loves Home Depot
Here are some fun facts about Caden...
  • He laughs at our dogs when they bark.
  • He knows exactly where his left thumb is and how to put it in his mouth.
  • He has no interest in pacifiers; neither did Kylie.
  • He blows bubbles and coos at the same time.
  • He likes to bury his face when he's tired in his little blanket we've named "Buddy"
  • He loves it when we read books to him and sing to him
  • His favorite story is Brown Bear, Brown Bear
  • His favority song is Twinkle, twinkle.
I can tell you that my son seems to be quite comfy during back time. He's getting really good at tummy time, and has already rolled over for the first time from tummy to back. That was a fun night (even though I was pretty emotional as the next day I returned to work), and Steven and I both witnessed it as I could tell it was coming. He was doing the "skydive position" during tummy time one night and just started swinging one leg and arm back. It was inevitable... the boy was going to roll! Low and behold, he did... and it was fast. I didn't even have a fast enough speed set on my camera to catch the action, yet I got him right when he landed in his snow angel pose. Boy did we go nuts. Caden was quite startled at the commotion that his Mommy and Daddy were making... yet managed to crack a smile just as he always does when people stand in front of him doing silly things to make him smile. Here is a pic of Caden and Steven after the big roll.

I have to tell everyone, our Kylie is Caden's #1 fan. I know I love him with my whole heart as does Steven. However, we are truly blessed to witness such love coming from one proud big sister. I never imagined it would be so great. I know the day will come when he'll start pulling her hair and stealing her toys... but we're not there yet. I'm relishing that fact that she shows no jealously or aggression toward a new sibling in the house. She's just been great. She loves hugging and kissing him. She wants to play with him and hold him. She calls him her "little guy" and "softs" his head with her hand. She will try to comfort him when he cries, and be there to entertain him when he wakes. It's just amazing. They are like two peas in a pod... only one much bigger than the other. Sometimes we have to practically pull her away from him weather it be time to go to school, eat dinner, bath time, and especially bed time. She has to give him a hug and a kiss, and sometimes wants to put him to bed too. We just put her to bed first usually so that's not worked out yet. Now if you don't know (LOL), Kylie has a set of pipes on her. She's done so well adapting to a softer voice that sometimes I have to ask her to repeat herself. I didn't imagine that would ever happen. Here is a pic of a typical weekday morning. We get the kids up and put them in our bed to slowly get used to the light. Caden is way better at it than Kylie. Kylie is NOT a morning person... just like her daddy. This pic shows exactly what I'm talking about.
It's just been great having the two of them. Right now Steven and I are content with our perfect little family of four, and don't plan on adding anymore to it. We have a daughter and son, and feel extremely lucky with how it's all turned out so far.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers