Thursday, March 05, 2009

All My Children

We sat outside this evening to enjoy the nice weather, and took some pics of the kiddos. Kylie loves being outside, and Caden seems to love it too. We have some bird feeders in the backyard, and Kylie and Caden both like watching the birds. Aspen loves chasing them away. The fur on her back stands up when she sees them, it's just so funny. Here's the pics I took of our kiddos, human and canine.

I just love this pic. It's when I was trying to round up the dogs to come over and sit by Kylie and Caden. They sat down, which was the general idea, but I wanted them a little closer. Look at Bourbon. He has that confused look on his face. Aspen, she's just silly.
Now this is better. They are all so beautiful. Bourbon is now 10, Aspen is 7, Kylie is 4, and Caden is 5 months. I can't believe in 10 days, Caden will be 6 months.

My two angels sent from above. These two precious angels, here for me to love. I kiss them gently every chance I get, never wishing for them, my love to forget. I hold them close, each and every day. I gave them life; so life will be good to them, I pray. We have great times, great moments, great everything it seems. I only wish one thing for them, to live out their dreams.

Written by Erin Bright ~ 2009

Kylie tells me she loves Aspen so much, and that she is her favorite. I think it's because Aspen isn't as big as Bourbon, and she plays ball with her. They play well together. I believe they adore each other.This is such a great picture. Kylie's features are looking more like Steven everyday. I can't believe she was such a little round thing when she was a baby. Where did all those rolls go? She's just "daddy's little girl". So sweet.I was taking some pictures of the canine babies, and this is the shot I got when they heard Steven pulling into the driveway. They are such good guard dogs. It's wasn't but seconds after I took this that Kylie and I were saying "daddy's home" because it gets them all excited. We pretty much say that everyday when Steven arrives home from work. So now the dogs just know what we're talking about. They're so smart. Look how pretty they are.Here's my Aspen girl. I'm so sad to share with you that at the end of February she became pretty sick. I took her to the vet the next morning, and after spending an entire day there undergoing tests and x-rays, we found out she has a disease called Spondylosis. Spondylosis deformans is a disease that is characterized by the formation of bony spurs along the margins of the vertebrae. It may affect one area or multiple areas of the spine. The bony spurs can bridge from one vertebrae to another in some pets. It is chronic a condition that occurs most commonly in females than males. She also has the beginning signs of hip dysplasia. Hip dysplasia is a painful, crippling disease that causes a dog's hip to weaken, deteriorate and become arthritic. It stems from abnormal development of the hip joint – a ball-and-socket type joint – in which the head of the femur does not fit properly into the socket. Hip dysplasia can be mild and slightly disabling, or it can be severe and cause crippling arthritis. So they sent her home that evening with pain meds to keep her comfortable. She's been doing really well, and we only gave her meds for about 5 days.Another picture of our baby girl Aspen.Take care dear friends & family. I'll post more later. Love, Erin

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers