Caden
Born September 15th 2008 @ 7:26pm
10 lbs 5 ozs, 21 1/2 "
Let me just announce this to the world, I am in love again! Talk about amazing. I have always been told by my friends that you'll love your other children just as much as the first. Honestly, I found it hard to believe because the love I had for Kylie was just AMAZING! It's true though. I feel the same strong hearted love, emotion, and insane need to protect Caden just like I do for Kylie. I can't get enough of him. I know I can say the same for my wonderful husband Steven.
(What makes me sad is that this innocence doesn't last. Kylie is almost 4 1/2 now, and will be starting Kindergarten next August. It all just goes by too fast once you become a parent. So, ENJOY EVERY MOMENT. Always tell 'em you love 'em.)
So, I made it to 40 weeks with this one. My blood pressure behaved with this pregnancy until about the 38th week. I believe it was self induced because I was ready to get him out as I didn't believe (nor did Steven) that by poor belly could stretch any further than it had already. So each weekly Dr.'s appointment just made me anxious to know how my body was progressing there in then end, and it that day would be the day. Finally, on September 8th when Steven and I both showed up for my 39 week appointment with the bags in the car, we learned that Labor & Delivery was full, and they were turning away all non-emergent inductions. Steven and I left a tad bit disappointed, and headed to go eat a hearty meal (I was starving since I hadn't eaten since midnight. I thought I was going to have a baby.). We did however leave knowing that the next Monday, we'd be inducing my labor exactly at 40 weeks. Yeah.
I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story...
Get Your Guns Up Baby! My little Red Raider is on his way!
My wonderful mom by my side just like last time.
Steven decided to take a front row seat this time, and film the whole thing.
Check me out. I just delivered a Red Raider!
Steven looks so happy to see his new baby boy! Way to go "Dad"!
Caden was looking like a little blueberry, so they just let me see him for a second before they took him to the little Red Raider machine to give him some oxygen, warm him up, and suck out all the amniotic fluid that he apparently inhaled during the delivery.
Can you see how big this kid is? If you can't see that tiny reading on the scale, it clearly says 10 lbs, 5 ozs.
Steven holding Caden for the first time.
My favorite Dr. in the whole world, Dr. Julie Hagood. She delivered Kylie too, in the very same delivery room. Cool, huh?
Kylie's first visit with her baby brother, and a big kiss for him too!






